Today the sun was shinning!!
I never really realized how powerful of an effect it has on me or how much I need it. It was 35 degrees below zero today and all I could think about was how HAPPY I was the sun was shinning. I could finally feel the sun on my face (in the car bundled up in a hat, scarf, mittens and boots)…I could actually feel it warming my skin. After 16+ straight days of no sun I was feeling depressed, hopeless and down right bitchy – it was scary! And yet one day of beautiful sun and my life feels renewed and bright.
Today I realized (which you may think is obvious) that no one can live in darkness. Look around you, our life; our very breath depends upon light. I’m not just talking about our physical body but even our eternal soul needs light, needs Christ. Today I understood the power of Christ/God calling himself the light of the world:
John 8:12 …"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows meIf given the option of a sunny day or a cloudy day I will ALWAYS choose the sunshine but I wonder how many days have I chosen to spend in spiritual darkness, to not seek out the light Christ has to offer? I have the opportunity, a personal invitation, to spend each day warmed by the SON, the creator of light himself; am I taking advantage of it?! This simple yet glorious day of sunshine reminds me that I seriously need be better about my devotions and daily time with Christ. I can only imaginge how joy-filled my life could if I got light directly from the source on a daily basis.
will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
John 12:46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one
who believes in me should stay in darkness.
No comments:
Post a Comment