Monday, April 09, 2007

April...

Well, a lot can happen in a few weeks. Here is a quick update...

1. Spring Break - I'm currently in LA visiting Megs (YEAH!) - but I think I am cursed to have crappy weather wherever I go this spring...currently its 55 and cloudy; so much for my dreams of coming home tan ;) Oh well, I'm going to have fun with Megs no matter what... on the agenda: a walk or two around the Rose Bowl, Window shopping in Santa Monica, a visit to the Pacific, and drive up to Santa Barbara.

2. Job - After much mulling & praying I've decided to accept a full-time position at the Middle School I've been working at this past year. Since I already know the curriculum it will be easy to make the switch from part-time to full-time. Plus, I really enjoy the staff and the kids so I know it will be a good position - and I'll have my own room again...its been too long, no cart!!!

3. Housing - With a job secured the next step was deciding where to live. I knew I wanted sidewalks, shops near by, single people my age and access to lots of different things -parks included for the dog and my sanity. Though I wasn't planning on being able to move until the end of the summer something wonderful just kind of fell into my lap that I couldn't pass it up. I'll be moving east about 20 miles to Wauwatosa and living in the upper portion of a duplex with Kristy. Our landlords, who live below us, are a really fun married couple and the husband is an old friend of Kristy's. The rent is incredible, amazing location, hardwood floor, a 25 acre park just 5 houses away and the place is dog friendly - I'm really excited. KG is going to move in first and I'll save up money for a month or two and move in this summer. I'll post pictures eventually :) its really cute!! I'm excited to still be close to my parents, grandma etc. and the friends new & old I've been connecting with this spring.

So, I think the sun my actually be making an appearance and I should get outside ASAP to soak it up. I pray you all had a blessed Easter... He is Risen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment