Oh Friday how I love thee! Its funny how your love for Fridays changes as you get older. What used to be a day that marked the start of a 3 day party fest has quickly turned into a night of lackadaisical laziness where I refuse to do school work, I put on my PJs at 5pm and I don't move from the couch until its time to roll into bed. Sad for some, this is what I look forward to at the end of the week...sweet nothingness :)
Today, after HOURS of lectures at school, Katie and I dragged ourselves to the rec. center (aka gym) to workout (we hope to give ourselves the gift of new/svelte bodies by Christmas).
I can proudly report we actually put in a full workout, unlike wednesday when I literally started to fall asleep on the floor mid-pilates video...what can I say, it had been a long week (all two days of it).
I came home, whipped up an awesome meal of left over pizza (effectively undoing all my hard work at they gym & PS - reheated pizza in a toaster oven is AMAZING), ate more cookies then I will ever admit to and then proceded to watch some TV (on the computer, cause that's how I roll).
After many hours of blissful sloth like behavior I was sure I had totally wasted the evening and it must have been at least midnight already. Preparing to shut the computer down and get ready to tuck in for the night, I checked the clock....
....it was 945pm!
Thought #1 - man, tired before 10pm on a Friday, I AM old
Thought #2 - YES! More hours to sleep, I can't wait!! :)
Happy Friday to all - wherever you are in life and however you celebrate this amazing day:)
Love a good lazy Friday night!
ReplyDelete