* I'm an Herbivore...I mostly eat fruits and veggies for heart/health reasons now - goodbye meat & dairy (check out the movie Forks Over Knives if interested). Interested in trying something "vegan"/Herbivore-ish check out this blog, great simple recipes The Happy Herbivore my favorite is the Hawaiian BBQ chickpeas - YUM!!
*My friend Ellen came to visit over Halloween and we had such a blast; adventures included a halloween party and a trip to Tombstone to make the weekend quite memorable
*Another major test for the nursing program came and went yesterday...biggest Fail ever for the entire class. Over 70% of us got below a B (which is considered failing) UGH! Thankfully they curved it but still...I think it says something about the instruction and not so much the students when so many of us stunk on that one. Oh well, glass of wine, movie night with a friend and all was right in the world again.
*Fall - I think its finally fall here for a bit. Today is the coldest it has been since i moved down here in May with a high of only 60 and its supposed to stay that way all week. Its fun to have a cool breeze blowing through the house and wear a hoodie with sweatpants on a lazy Saturday. Yeah for fall!!
Tomorrow I'm headed to the Dia de Los Muertos processional downtown since its probably the closest I'll get to going to Mexico for this holiday. Should be fun! Hopefully I'll snag some good pics and post them next week....no promises though - we all know how I am when things around here get a bit crazy.
T-minus 12 days until my mom & sisters come for a visit; I can hardly wait!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment