So the saying goes in WI... if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes, it will change. Such is the story of life in late winter/early spring here in the Midwest. Two days ago it was 40+ degrees, you could smell spring in the air -everyone was out with lighter clothes and a lighter spring in their step. Today in a matter of an hour watching a movie I looked out the window to see the empty salt covered streets were once again layered in 2 inches of snow with more (much more) expected over the weekend. Life is never dull here thats for sure!
In other news...
...its February which means its the time of year when the end of the school year is in sight and the possibility for change is on the horizon. Being a teacher, I'm locked into one location from September-June but come spring I start thinking of the possibilities for the following year. This year I'm mulling on the idea of a move in the fall; I'm not sure where but someplace a bit bigger than where I am. I need to find a church I can call home, people my own age - interested and passionate about life with whom I can connect & a community for which I feel a part of. I want a place where I can walk to the stores to get what I need - where people actually bump into each other and life is diverse. The life here in WI is great, its comfortable but I know myself and I don't grow when I'm comfortable. So where will I go???? No idea. Well, actually I have a few ideas - maybe Madison, maybe the Twin Cities or maybe just downtown O-town. I love life at home, its great and I'm such a family person - I'm blessed to be so close to my parents. A move would certainly change that but I know it would be good for me. And so I'm processing, mulling and praying.... the fun of thinking through all the possibilities is typically what gets me through these gray days of winter with its teasing hints of Spring.
I'll of course keep you posted on my life adventure...
for now these are just thoughts,
ideas.....
ramblings really,
from a girl with a serious case of cabin fever. :)
CALIFORNIA!!! MOVE BACK TO CALIFORNIA!!! WE COULD LIVE IN MY LITTLE STUDIO!! LORD KNOWS WE'VE LIVED IN A SHOEBOX BEFORE!!! PPPLLLLEEESSSEEE!!
ReplyDeleteHey Megs - if you get the promotion will you be my "sugar mama"? Then maybe I could consider LA again ;)You'd know I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could!!!
ReplyDeleteLinds--
ReplyDeleteIf you truly love Cali--make it work! Why put off your ultimate destination? Then you would have Venice Beach and sun on a regular basis, not to mention your sister. :)
KG - LA would be only to be closer to Megs. I also need someplace for me and thats what this next move (wherever to) will be for. Thanks for your support! You're the best!
ReplyDeleteYou'll figure it out, I'm sure. :) I just don't want you feel obligated to MN and Dima, so if your heart gets pulled in a different direction, follow it. I'll make things work on my end.
ReplyDeleteKnow that you are loved.
Do I get to add my vote in too!? You know you are always welcome over on the other side of the world as well!! We've got a room ready!! Love you tons and am praying for you lots! You will do great and amazing things no matter where you go - stay true to yourself and trust where HE leads!
ReplyDelete