Tuesday, May 10, 2011

411 Tucson,AZ

Because I've finally arrived and because some of you want to know...

HOUSING: I am house sitting for a professor from the University this summer while she is working on her dissertation in Panama.  I only have to pay for utilities so its cheaper than an apt. and this gives me time to check out the area and find a more permanent location.  This is such a blessing so thanks to all my prayer warriors out there - GOD IS SO GOOD.  The story of sorted connections of a friend of a friend's friend etc. that landed this sweet housing situation is too complicated for words but speaks all the more to God's hand in all of it so its a true blessing.

SCHOOL: classes start May 16 and will run like a regular job 8-4/ M-F plus homework.  Sadly (after spending a small fortune on books yesterday) we already have reading homework.  Let the madness begin!  I feel like I'm taking a huge deep breath and diving into an ocean of mass chaos for the next 15months.  August 2012 can't come soon enough.  I am really excited about the content and clinicals but I know the pace of the program will probably sap some joy from the learning experience,just comes with the territory. 

LIFE:  I will be checking out a church or two this weekend so prayers are appreciated.  I know that getting plugged into a church community will really "make or break" my experience here in Tucson.  I am hopeful & trust that God will lead me to a church home where I can serve and grow; as some of you know this was always a bit of a struggle while living in Wisconsin.  I'll keep you posted how the church search goes.

ETC: In other news, its weird to be in a place where I know no one and have no clue where things are.  I honestly don't know how I'd survive without today's technology.  The GPS feature on my phone has been my BFF since my arrival and the Google maps search feature has helped me reconnect to the places that make it feel like home (aka Target, a yoga studio and Trader Joe's).  I'm an impatient person so its frustrating at times to realize that its just going to take TIME to really know the area and find those places I'll love to frequent and take visitors too.  In hopeful anticipation of visitors (and because as mentioned earlier, I'm impatient) I am motivated to work diligently to "get-to-know" Tucson quickly.  Though I really won't be free to travel much over the next 1+yr visitors are encouraged to come.  I will strive to find permanent housing this fall with a pool so you can lounge in the sun if I have class while you are here.

Thanks for caring, praying and being a blessing in my life.
I'd love to hear how you are doing so drop me a line!

1 comment:

  1. Love you sissy and am so proud of you diving into the journey! LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete