And so usually,
after much staring at the blank paper,
I just let my pencil start to move,
I see where the lines lead,
and eventually amidst the doodling
I start to see something take shape
I run with it
and I make something beautiful of it.
For me, that's kinda how life in Tucson is right now - its my blank sheet of paper and I'm staring at it.
I am overwhelmed by the limitless possibilities that come with a completely fresh start. I mean really, how many blank slates does one get in life?!? This is a rare gem and I don't want to mess it up...and so I'm staring. This week I'm the quiet girl in class, the one who silently observes from the far away bench, who eaves-drops but doesn't comment and who sits next to you but isn't the one who starts the conversation...I'm "staring"
Perhaps this coming week or two I'll finally start to make some marks and begin to doodle a bit with this new life of mine here in Tucson. I'll commit my pencil to the paper so-to-speak
and perhaps,
just maybe,
I'll begin to glimpse something taking shape
and find my direction...
enjoying the possibilities,
~L
**5/21** as an addendum I re-read this and the Natasha Bedingfield song Unwritten comes to mind :)
"Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten"
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten"

Love. This.
ReplyDelete