Sunday, October 02, 2011

Peace in the midst of the Storm

In the busyness of this program these are the days I cherish.  Fall is slowly arriving to Tucson; we are no longer in the triple digits, the monsoon season is over and there is a"cool" breeze in the air today.  With football on TV, the Brewers in the play-offs and no major test or projects due this week, its a glorious day to soak up the beauty of the simple/quite moments of life.  I had the joy of going for a quite morning jog and am currently watching a movie while plotting a trip to Target :).  Its such a wonderful blessing to NOT have anything major hanging over my head this week as far as tests and assignments go...there is a wonderful freedom that exists right now and its precious. 
Fall here isn't quite going to be like home...I miss the changing leaves and the smell in the air that comes with the changing season but none the less I'm still enjoying it.  My local friends promise there are places to go pumpkin picking and go for hayrides so I am hoping to soak up all the fall like adventures I can while in school despite the warmer-than-I'm-used-to fall temps. 
In honor of fall and all things wonderful about this fantastic season here is a recipe I am going to attempt this week :)

 Enjoy...Pumpkin Spice latte Muffins




2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully honest post. You are doing such an amazing job relishing the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did they turn out? :) I miss you SO much Linds!

    ReplyDelete