Yesterday was a tough day for a dear of friend and, in the way that friends who are like sisters can connect, I feel her loss and my heart aches with her. Yesterday afternoon marked the end of her dog's journey with her. He saw her through college, jobs, a bazillion moves across country and back, road trips, loves, losses, marriage & home ownership:). In the madness that is our 20s, Dima, was Kristy's one constant. He was my roommate at times, my own puppy's big-brother and an ever present personality who added joy and entertainment to life.
For my single friends with pet's, you perhaps understand better than most the sizable presence a dog can take up in your life and home. Its who greets you everyday, who walks with you, who travels with you and who demonstrates better than any human could, unconditional love. I dread the day I lose the company of my dog and I mourn with Kristy for the loss of hers. It's a privilege and a joy to have companions along life's journey but it's so very hard when we have to say good-bye. The void left behind where their presence once was seems to always be greater than we would have imagined.
Dima you will be missed by many, thanks for watching over Kristy for so long...you did good!!
Photo: me, kiya, kristy & dima @ Joshua tree national park CA
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

I am sorry to hear this. : (
ReplyDelete