Random-ness...thoughts, photos, weather updates and more from this Midwestern girl's daily life in an effort to keep far-away friends and family "in the loop".
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Freedom...well, sort of
Oh glorious joy! June 8th - 11:47am officially marked the end of the school year and the start of summer vacation - YEAH!! It also marked the end of my full-time job at the High School and a future of uncertainty. After much thought and many coverstions with friends and family I turned in my resignation and began my summer vacation jobless. Though scared to death of turning down security and financial stability I am excited at the prospect of metal and emotional freedom to figure out who I am away from teaching. 4.5 years of teaching has taught me many things, streached me in ways that have shaped my life and blessed me with the opportunity to work with kids but it has also drained me and I need a time to refresh and see if this is really what God is calling me to do for the next 30+ years. It should prove to be an interesting year ahead!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm proud of you for taking the risk, Linds. Uncertainty and hope--not a bad combination! And bring on summer!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to hearing more of your thoughts now that you have time to share them.
-Kristy