Random-ness...thoughts, photos, weather updates and more from this Midwestern girl's daily life in an effort to keep far-away friends and family "in the loop".
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Checklists...
I can officially cross off "run a 5K race" from my list of things I've talked about doing but still haven't done. Today I joined a couple thousand others from the Milwaukee area to Race for The Cure against breast cancer. It was pretty inspiring to see all the survivors in their pink shirts and to read all the "In Celebration of..." tags that people wore as they ran. I loved it and will totally run another 5K in my lifetime. The course was pretty easy, a slight downhill to start and then the rest was flat, so I think it was a good course to start on. My goal as a first time racer was 1. to finish without having walked and 2. to complete it in under 30 min. Both goals were met and it was actually fun running with other people - even though I didn't have my headphones and music to keep me going, the competition spured me on:). The only thing I would change for my next 5K would be to find a friend to do it with me. It was pretty boring before and after the race with no one to hangout with. So which one of you wants to join me for the next one?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i'm running the 5k on october 1st, it's all over cananda and i'm really excited to get going. i'm glad there are so many people involve with this kinda thing :) good on ya.
ReplyDeleteNext time I will be your running partner, which should work out well since we both have mom's nobby knees, a snails pace, and a hereditary bad left hip. AKA: "slow but steady wins the race"
ReplyDeleteactually I think mine is the right hip - but who's counting. You'd be a perfect running (or should I say "slogging"=slow jogging) partner!!
ReplyDelete