Sunday, September 17, 2006

Waiting...

...it sucks!!
So I went out on this amazing first "date/meeting" with a guy who is amazing. I thought we had such a great day, conversed well, enjoyed each other's company...etc. Goodness, the "date" was 13 hours long!! It was a fantastic day!! I was really nervous before he arrived because we had been getting along SO well via email - I was afraid things might not click in person, that it was too good to be true - but after finally meeting I thought we clicked really well, a great fit. Anyways, I wrote an email to him today around lunch just thanking him for a great day, telling him I really look forward to seeing him again etc.... and now, its almost 8:30 at night and he still hasn't emailed back. Now I know its normal to wait a day or two for a response to an email but we had been emailing 2x/day for the past week and now suddenly nothing, silence. It makes me start doubting myself and questioning what I could have possibly said or done to push him away. I thought I got the vibe that he wanted to get together again soon and plan other outings - he said stuff like we should go hiking, you can visit me at work this weekend and we can get a meal together etc. So now I am wracking my brain to figure out what's wrong with me that I screwed this up. I'm sure I should take the advice I've given others to just chill-out & wait patiently, he's probably just busy - but this waiting thing sucks. I can't help but think...he's emailed me everyday (2x/day) before we met, now we have met and the emails have stopped...must be me. I'm sure its nothing, I'm TRYING to be positive but I am NOT a patient person, especially when its personal. OH the agony - I don't thing guys realize how much stress it causes. HOPEFULLY my next blog with contain some good news but for now I just really needed to vent my frustration/sadness as I try to pass the time waiting...which if I haven't mentioned it, SUCKS!!

1 comment:

  1. Linds,

    If he passes you up, he is truly stupid. You're beautiful, talented, kind, loyal, funny, self-sacrificing, and the all-around-rare-find! If he does not see this, he is a fool. Save yourself the self-torture--you did not ruin the date! If anything, it is his past creeping up on him, and maybe he's a little scared and afraid to repeat mistakes he has made in the past. And maybe I'm being too nice to him, too.

    BASTARD! Is that better? :)

    While you wait, peruse other matches, answer their questions, and hell, flirt a little! And if you're not up for that, send him an email and ask him if something is wrong. Explain your perspective and if he gives you some lame excuse, move on.

    Hang in there,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete