Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Wait over :) - God is good!

Alright, my guy friend has been redeemed - internet was down and yes, he really was just busy. I hate to admit it but I had sent one other email prior to hearing from him and probably shouldn't have - one of those, "I can't believe I sent that email" moments - but what is done is done and thankfully he is still communicating with me. I am sorry to all females for adding to the "stupid girl" stereotype, I'll do better next time ladies - I promise!! Sometimes I freak myself out and wonder where these stupid insecurities come from, oh well, I am who I am.

In other news, I love my new part-time schedule. I finally feel free again, my job doesn't own me and I am enjoying the classes I teach. Plus, I started working at a coffee shop and it is so much fun. The morning crowd is full of talkative regulars and its busy so the time goes by so quickly. I am enjoying life and looking forward to a great holiday season - with time to actually enjoy all that's going on around me. God is good!! We had our first Young Life meeting yesterday and we had 20 kids, a great turn out seeing as 1/2 of our crowd from last year were seniors who graduated. Everything went smoothly, we were right on time and the kids seemed to really enjoy themselves and are excited about the year ahead - again I say, God is good!!

Finally - in a note of joyful excitement, I had my first smell of fall in the air today - it was WONDERFUL. I can't wait for apple cider, camp fires, the leaves changing and sunny yet crisp weather. This is my FAVORITE time of year (all 3-4 weeks of it!). I hope you all get a chance to find a piece of autumn wherever you are!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay - I love reading your posts, it always brightens up my day! I was checking in on your site regularly while you were in CR, but today was the first time in a while I stopped by. I'm glad to hear you are having a little less hectic of a fall as far as the job goes....

    I have lots to tell you, but I'll save it for an e-mail. For now I just wanted to check again - I know you responded before, but I forget whether or not you are going to Homecoming?!?

    Take care, enjoy, and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not even know you when you wrote this, but I love it. I feel like I am sneaking into your past by reading back! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete