Random-ness...thoughts, photos, weather updates and more from this Midwestern girl's daily life in an effort to keep far-away friends and family "in the loop".
Monday, December 04, 2006
Its official....
Winter has arrived with full force. December 1st brought our first snow day of the school year (my second in 5 years of teaching) and about a foot of snow over a 12 hour period. It certainly is beautiful outside with all the white stuff and I actually don't mind that its here - it kind of puts me in the mood for the holidays. What I'm not enjoying is the bitter cold temps. Today I walked out the door and had my breath taken away by the cold and according to the news temps are supposed to "plummet" tonight - if its even possible to get any colder?!?!?! This weekend I was in Chicago and it was freeeeeezing. The windy city certainly lives up to its name. I was so bundled up I felt like a stiff penguin - not very attractive, I know - but the cold weather forces me to throw fashion to the wind and focus on warmth. This better not last long, I don't know if I am ready for a long cold winter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment