Monday, July 03, 2006

1st Day of School

I guess it doesn't matter how old I am, I still get those nervious butterflies in my stomach on the first day of classes. The same fears and questions still run through my head as they did when I was in elementary school ...where will I sit? Will I like the teacher? Who will be in my class with me? how much homework am I going to have and How the heck am I going get through this?". From what I have heard from the 2nd and 3rd year students no one has died or gone home (yet)during this program so I guess it is "do-able"; its just that it all seems so overwhelming on the first day. I am sure I'll be bragging about getting though all of this when I am done but right now that seems a long way off ;)

In other news...Abby finally arrived after spending the night in Miami so she was able to join us for the excursion to the beach and the jungle treck yesterday. I was hoping to see a monky or a rare bird in the jungle but only spotted a few poisionous frogs and LOTS of vegetation. The beach was beautiful but in true Costa Rican fashion it rained in the afternoon (as it is currently doing) so I have yet to start working on my tan. My host mom is very sweet and a christian (I love when she prays in Spanish, it amazing). Classes will keep me busy most of the time but we have excursions planed each Sunday while we are here in CR. I think next Sunday is a volcano and the following will be "Turtle Island" - it will give me something to look forward to at the end of a hard week of studying.

¡Espero que Uds. estén bien y escribiré más muy pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment