Random-ness...thoughts, photos, weather updates and more from this Midwestern girl's daily life in an effort to keep far-away friends and family "in the loop".
Monday, July 10, 2006
I need to vent...
Maybe I came with too high of expectations but I guess I thought that when I signed up to get my Masters degree I might actually be taught something by a certified professional. In 2 of my three classes I have idiots teaching them and I am going to scream...its taking all my will power to not audibly say some of the things that are running through my head. In linguistics class I have a hard enough time figuring out WHY I need to learn this stuff but then on top of it the teacher doesn´t even understand it. We ask her a question about something in the chapter we read and she asks us what the book says (cause she doesn´t know) UGH!!!! In Literature the teacher has passed all the work of teaching on to us (the students). He doesn´t give us any background of the texts, he doesn´t explain them but he tells us to interpret them, discuss them and figure out what they ¨mean to us¨...I can do that at home!!! If he asks us one more time to read a text and present a ¨very creative¨ presentation/interpretation about what is means to our group I seriously just might hurt him. I AM trying to be positive but the teachers are making it hard, I don´t know how much longer I can go on trying to teach myself stuff. I am exhausted and have more homework than I can complete in one night. Prayers Please, I am running on empty with 3 weeks left.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment